Sunday 27 February 2011

IN A BAKING MOOD

I was so impressed with the swiss roll that Charlotte made on Wednesday, that I decided to try and have a go myself and made this chocolate one, filled with creme fraiche and strawberries.

I have all my family coming later for dinner and despite my protests of wanting to cook something simple that wouldn't take all day to prepare, I found myself baking earlier and now I'm in the throws of cooking a roast.

I also made these little lemon curd (tiptree jam) tarts but unfortunately most of the curd oozed out over the bottom of the oven but I'm hoping that with a dollop of cream they'll still taste lemony.
Referring back to my blog at the beginning of January re: the Sirdar yo yo jacket.
I'm now beginning to panic. The jacket is really growing. I'm on the second sleeve but the amount of wool left is rapidly decreasing and I may actually end up with this sleeve much shorter than the first. I have all my fingers crossed as the wool is discontinued and therefore it may be difficult to buy some more.
Will let you know later this week how I'm progressing.

3 comments:

  1. Great baking. Hope you manage to finish your knitting without running out of wool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baking looks delicious,I was on a diet until I read this post I adore lemon curd and must have some now,yes cream will be perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely, I bet there was a few pounds gained after that meal!!!

    ReplyDelete