Saturday 18 June 2011

FINGERLESS OR HALF- FINGER GLOVES, THAT IS THE QUESTION?

In my last post, I mentioned that my next project to make was gloves. I found a lovely pattern on www.ravelry.com  by Lucy Hague  entitled Hands of Blue. I think it is a really pretty design and I've enjoyed making them up as far as the knuckles. The trouble is this is the first time I've knitted gloves so have found that beyond that, it has been a little tricky. I decided to make a half finger pair at the beginning of the week but after stumbling with the first finger, I changed my mind and altered my plan to fingerless. By Thursday I'd changed my mind again and met the challenge of knitting the half finger pair. Currently I'm just about to knit my second finger and am still persevering. 
Although I have now got myself in rather a muddle with my row counting and rate myself with only a small chance of both gloves being the same size. It's a bit like my sock knitting scenario!

A couple of pictures for you of some of the poppies in my front garden. I thought I'd better take them quick as the rain isn't being kind to them. 
It's strange, we moan that we need the rain and when we get it, we moan again!
There's no pleasing some!!

3 comments:

  1. I hope we're going to get photographs of the gloves fingerless or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eventually Miriam, all in good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not quite sure what half-finger gloves are, but looking forward to the photos.

    ReplyDelete