Tuesday 28 June 2011

I THINK SOMEONE NEEDS A POSH NEW SOCK!

My poor husband Michael has really gone and injured himself "big time" this time.
Rushing out on Friday through the back door when he heard Jessica scream in the garden resulted in him rupturing his achilles tendon.


We spent a good two and a half hours at the fracture clinic today and the doctor has explained that his leg may well be in plaster for the next 9 weeks. For the first 3 weeks his leg must virtually be immobile. It is apparently a very slow process of healing.
He has also a doctor's certificate for 12 weeks!!!!!
I thought I might knit him a large sock to keep his toes warm, but on second thoughts if he is to be at home for 12 weeks I could probably teach him to knit his own sock.
I'm hoping that the 9 weeks in plaster and the stay at home for 12 could be just precautionary and a worse case scenario.
Oh and we go on holiday in, you guessed it 9 weeks!


On a brighter note this is our magnolia bush/tree. It is a free flowering variety and we've had it for years.
Yesterday I noticed for the first time ever it is in bud.
Michael in the past has wanted to dig it up and get rid of it. He thought it would never flower.
So imagine how he felt, sitting indoors when I called out to him from the garden that I noticed 2 buds and he couldn't rush out and see them.
I'll post some more pictures when they are in bloom.


1 comment:

  1. Did he come with a life time guarantee? I will let H know and we will pop over. He will love being at home and getting spoilt, he won't want to go back. He will need a long knitting needle to scratch with, also be careful outside, plaster casts heat up !

    ReplyDelete