Wednesday 4 January 2012

NEW YEAR, NEW KNITTING CHALLENGE!


What a difference in the weather on Bank Holiday Monday!
Maybe it felt a little on the chilly side but with a clear blue bright sky it was an ideal day to get out walking again.

We decided to stay nearer to home, so along with many others took ourselves up into Maldon to the promenade which is a  lovely park on the banks of the river Blackwater.



This statue is of Byrhtnoth who stands looking out over the river right at the very end of the promenade, he is there to commemorate the Battle of Maldon and a very nice chap he looks too!

Now life is getting back to normal after the christmas holidays I have decided to take on a new knitting challenge. Having read Tizduster's blog I will be joining her in knitting a sky scarf. I have just ordered my wool, hopefully it will arrive in a day or two and then I can begin. I've made notes on the colour of the sky up to now since Sunday so i'll be able to catch up and get going asap.
I'll also keep you updated with my progress!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Don't forget to get some pink/red wool too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're committed now! Still lots of grey here.

    ReplyDelete