Sunday 16 December 2012

A WEEKEND IN THE LIFE OF SUPERGRAN

As the weekend slowly comes to an end, here it has been hectic, full of surprises and great excitement.


The little bridesmaid dolls are finished,  all dressed in their finery and ready to go to the wedding. 
I am so pleased with them and will definitely post another photo on my blog after the wedding. I don't want to spoil the surprise!


Charlotte and Jessica came for a sleepover on Friday night so it was an ideal time for them to decorate their Christmas cake. I really did leave them and the tree cutter to their own creative devices. This is what they came up with, which though I may be biased as I'm their Granny, I think deserves top marks. 
Top marks also for Grandad, I must add, who cleaned up the entire kitchen afterwards while I put both children in the bath to wash off excess icing sugar and green icing.


Saturday after finishing the last of the Christmas shopping Michael and I decorated the tree. I have tried not to buy any new decorations this year in fact, I disposed of quite a few that have been lingering in the loft for a few years. However I did succumb to making one purchase, a new fairy. She looks very elegant and my daughter in law noticed her as soon as she came in today, I was very impressed!


Much excitement today, Charlotte and Jessica were told that they're off to Eurodisney first thing tomorrow for a few days. (They will be back in plenty of time for the wedding!) 
While Grandad is driving them all to a hotel in London for the night, I'm here supposedly finishing off the Christmas present wrapping. 


Just one job to do before they go, print photos of rainbow bear and rosie bear for their passports.


They're off to Eurodisney too!

3 comments:

  1. A lovely post, the cake is beautiful they are very talented but then I'm biased too! Now you have a chance to have a rest for a week and put your feet up for a while and recharge your batteries before the arrival of the bride on Friday..... Mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I have forgotten to comment on the dolls, the heads look very good as I'm sure the rest will be too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bear has to have a passport, mine has as he always go skiing. Great design on the cake, you have taught them well. I would never let H or anyone else decorate the tree, think I might be too much of a control freak! Spent loads this year on new decorations that I didn't need but couldn't resist. See you on Sat x

    ReplyDelete