Saturday 12 October 2013

MORE FINGERLESS MITTENS & A BABY JACKET ON IT'S WAY!

So my little knitting production line has continued this week.
First and only completed item to be rolled out is another pair of fingerless mittens.


Ive also managed to get under way with a baby jacket pattern by Drops which had me stumped at first (like their patterns always seem to!) and I'm using Drops Alpaca yarn. I have made good progress over the last couple of days and it is coming along quite nicely, I think. One of the sleeves will be knitted in purple and the other, well I'm not quite sure yet, might be in cream, might even be in green. 
 I'm knitting this for one of Kate's friends who's baby is due at the end of the year.


My post is short this week, but I do have one wise cooking tip before I leave you.
When straining noodles, do always remember to use a colander, especially when you haven't any more that you can cook in the cupboard.
Whoosh went the noodles down the sink, leaving a tasty yet lonely piece of salmon languishing on the dinner plate!
My poor husband who was standing agog at my error was warned not to say one word!

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! I know EXACTLY how you feel - been there and done the same!!! Lovely knitting - must be the season for mitts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, but I did giggle at the thought of your husbands face as his noodles disappeared ;)

    Nice mitts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgive me but I'm giggling, sorry ,poor hubby.Love the mitts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see Michael's face! Sorry but it's very funny. Love the gloves and the baby jacket, I'll be knitting baby clothes soon too!
    The banner is lovely Jacqueline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those mitts, autumn is just the right time to wear them. x

    ReplyDelete