Saturday 14 December 2013

HO HO HO, IT'S NEARLY CHRISTMAS!

So, here we are with Christmas fast approaching and I'm really now getting myself prepared.
I made the finishing touches to this bag this morning and I'm really pleased with how it looks. The socks fit perfectly inside and I found this ribbon in my box which I bought many moons ago and forgot I had. 


The socks look good too
They should keep someones feet very warm and cosy!


I have another sock on the needles now and one to go.
Plenty of time!!!!!

I thought I'd share some of my christmas decorations with you too.
I've had this wreath for near on 10 years. I bought it in Harrods in the January sale at a very reduced bargain price and every year I bring it down from the loft and it always looks so festive.


This little chappy is fairly new and happily sits on my fireplace.


I went to my local wholesale florist and bought orange and apple slices and cinnamon sticks which I had hoped would fill my lounge with delicious smells. 
While I was wiring them to pop them on the tree my hands smelt lovely but unfortunately now they're hanging on the tree I can't smell them at all.
Never mind, they have at least made the tree look very pretty.


The glass bauble is one of two we bought while in Venice a few years back at the Morano glass factory. They really do glisten.


A busy week ahead, presents to wrap and even presents to buy (oh dear!), cakes to decorate and socks to knit.
As I said at the beginning of my post, plenty of time!

3 comments:

  1. What an absolutely brilliant idea to supply a knitted gift bag for the socks - nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks and bag are really lovely. Seeing all your decorations reminds me I have some cinnamon sticks somewhere must have a rummage and see if I can find them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so festive here. And that sock bag is a neat idea :)

    ReplyDelete